7/10/2007

Seagulls Circling the Trawler "Carolina", Shem Creek

Another day in paradise as I painted from the shade of a hauled sailboat by the mouth of Shem Creek at Charleston Harbor.

Capt. Magwood's shrimp trawler"Carolina", painted with the Magwood fleet colors of orange and green, was tied up by the Wando Shrimp Co. dock today while the crew worked on board.

I took the opportunity to paint the bright tangle of metal arms, colorful ropes and shrimp nets.
Although from shore the boat looks picturesque, to the men who make their living here,this is hot, hard work. However we all enjoy the delicious catch they bring back. Shrimp from coastal Carolina are the best tasting shrimp in the World! I'm having fresh, local shrimp tonight while I enjoy my new painting of:

"Seagulls Circling the Trawler Carolina"
Oil on cradled panel 11" x 14"
Price: $375.00

No comments: